Banner design by Vargas Media
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)
Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Girls and Gossip

My stepbaby was all upset last night because her best friend all of a sudden doesn't want to be her friend anymore.
This started with the typical schoolyard girl gossip that my baby was spoiled and never got in trouble (uh, not true!LOL)
So, my baby took this to heart, she has been friends with this girl for several years now-we know her parents and they sleep over at each others houses all the time.
We had to confiscate the cel phone also, because there was some crank calling and game playing going on, so Dad thought it best to repo the phone until things cooled down a little.
Girls are so much more sneaky at gossip and hurting each other than boys. At least boys will duke it out on the playground- girls, it's a slow death.
All of this just really started up this year- 5th grade- it took me back, to all the backstabbing and whispers of " so and so has been talking about you" that I heard in school.
I am hoping this just blows over,

2 comments:

Farah Deen said...

oh, thats sad to know your baby girl lost her best friend all for a silly gossip. thats the problem with girls actually, we take things much too seriously as compared to boys.Anyway, hope she will feel better soon.

Petula said...

It will blow over! My oldest (now 16) went through this same thing. I used to encourage my daughter by telling her how wonderful she is and give her possible reasons why this happens. I sometimes gave her solutions or asked her what she thought she should do. She learned to deal with it excellently! Tell her to hang in there! You hang in there too, Mom, it can be just as hard on us as it is on them.


My Kids on Halloween

Swimming !

My son and his cousins trying to be good for the camera- it took about 6 takes!

My husband the Lizard Man- yes, we are reptile fanatics!

Got to love Frank! Chinese Theater Hollywood

Me and my boy in Venice CA

google ad

google ad

link share

LinkShare  Referral  Prg

add me

traffic swarm

web hit counter