Banner design by Vargas Media
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)
Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Being Maternal

I consider myself to be very maternal- I had my son when I was 19- and was very happy to be a mom- I am a nurterer- of children, animals and adults at times- I never once contemplated not being a mother- and could never understand women that would have children and then later walk away from the responsibility- I dnt mean teeage mothers who are so young that they can’t handle the responsibilty alone, or women who choose to give their child up for adoption to a childless couple- both of these circumstances take great courage.
My stepdaughters mother- who had her at age 36- has taken it upon herself to move out of the county 40 miles away and to cut her time from 50% to maybe every other weekend if we are lucky. She calles every couple of days to talk to her daughter- only to talk about herself and never asks her about her school or her personal life at all- she has no involvement with her schooling and is not even offering to help pay some kind of extra support-
Instead of coming to get her daughter this Friday, she is going to a concert with a “friend” - one of many boyfriends that have been in and out for the last 2 years- I think it’s selfish and mean to tell your child that you are going out somewhere without them instead of spending time with them when you havent connected in 2 weeks.
I don’t understand it as a mother-
anyone have any advice?

No comments:


My Kids on Halloween

Swimming !

My son and his cousins trying to be good for the camera- it took about 6 takes!

My husband the Lizard Man- yes, we are reptile fanatics!

Got to love Frank! Chinese Theater Hollywood

Me and my boy in Venice CA

google ad

google ad

link share

LinkShare  Referral  Prg

add me

traffic swarm

web hit counter