Banner design by Vargas Media
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)
Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Blended Family

Hi There
How many of you are living in a blended family? I have one son and a stepdaughter- my son is 13 and my stepdaughter is 10.
My soon to be spouse and I have been living together for 2 years- I have to admit, the first year was a real adjustment- getting used to the routine of having not one but 2 kids - but, it has been worth it- to see them grow to love each other.
One thing we made sure of, that a LOT of couples don't seem to consider, is that our kids got along and that they were OK with the living arrangement before we did it.
we felt it wasn't fair to be selfish and just do what we wanted without taking their feelings into consideration.
They have bonded well over the last 2 years- they call each other brother and sister, and look out for each other as such- they also tease each other as such! They have a lot in common, but also have their differences.
They are with us 95% of the time, so being stable is very important. My spouse and I were raised by both parents, and divorce was not an issue with us- this blended family thing is new to us as well. Children these days deal with a lot more of that, so we try to make it as easy as possible, and let them both know we love them.

No comments:


My Kids on Halloween

Swimming !

My son and his cousins trying to be good for the camera- it took about 6 takes!

My husband the Lizard Man- yes, we are reptile fanatics!

Got to love Frank! Chinese Theater Hollywood

Me and my boy in Venice CA

google ad

google ad

link share

LinkShare  Referral  Prg

add me

traffic swarm

web hit counter