Banner design by Vargas Media
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)
Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tuesday Tootin



It's Tuesday again, sadly, I missed last weeks toot, sometimes life can get in the way of blogging. Let's see - I think I will toot about my son this week- he has been taking drum lessons for about a year ( he's 13 ) and is getting pretty good.
Anyways, hubbo is a guitar player- and has been playing for 25 years. He is very talented and has written and recorded several demos over the years- he also sings like a cross between Glenn Danzig and Ronnie James Dio. So, the 2 of them decided to jam the other night.
Now, I know some of you moms might find a drumset and a guitar playing in the garage to be a painful experience, but I personally thought it was GREAT! Loud music and kids laughing don't bother me- because I'm a rocker myself. I tried to get my son into guitar playing when he was 8 or so, but he wasn't having it. He started going to this teen club and gets drum lessons there, and he is hooked. I am impressed he has stuck to it for a year, and has no plans of stopping.
He went to a rock concert with a friend and his dad and was mesmerized by the drumsets and professional drummers there- totally starstruck!
My son held his own with the rythyms and did an awesome job. I didn't realize how good he is getting until I heard him playing with another instrument.
I think music is a great way for parents and kids to spend one on one time.
Don't you?

3 comments:

Dominique Goh said...

I agree that music does help bonding between parent and child. It also helps to develop the right brain of a child. I signed up my boy for Piano class since last year when he was 3 and he enjoyed it.

Dominique
From Dominique's Desk

cre8tivkj said...

I think that is super! My dad just bought a violin for my daughter and she is lovin it! My other daughter plays the flute. I always wanted to learn to play but we never had the $ to get instruments! I am musically inclined too so it would have been wonderful for me. I just sang instead! Loud music doesn't bother me either. As long as it has a tune, the louder the better. My toot is up too if you care to stop by. Happy TT!

Unknown said...

What a great experience and one more way to bond with your hubbo! My Toot is up too!
http://mommy-mentor.blogspot.com/2008/04/tuesday-toot-i-made-it-through-last.html


My Kids on Halloween

Swimming !

My son and his cousins trying to be good for the camera- it took about 6 takes!

My husband the Lizard Man- yes, we are reptile fanatics!

Got to love Frank! Chinese Theater Hollywood

Me and my boy in Venice CA

google ad

google ad

link share

LinkShare  Referral  Prg

add me

traffic swarm

web hit counter