Banner design by Vargas Media
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)
Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Twisted Ankles

My stepbaby twisted her ankle at ice skating a couple of days ago- thank the lord nothing was broken! No swelling or bruising either-which was a good sign. Although she couldn't put weight on it at first.
Yesterday though, she was able to walk on it- I saw her lol
But this morning, here she comes down the hall with crutches, and I'm like- "what happened? you were walking yesterday!" She said, " I know, but it hurts-" Me and Dad exchanged looks and he told her to leave them at home that she would be fine.
I wonder if she was milking the crutch thing for attention. Not sure-
any of you had a similar situation? I don't like to accuse a kid of anything like that, but I know kids can be that way sometimes.
My son will milk an injury for all it's worth if you let him. He will work you over if you don't know how he can be!
He used to do that to his first grade teacher- tell her he was feeling sick and she would call me at work and I would ask to speak to him and realize he was faking! I would tell him to go back to class and then tell his teacher to watch out for him faking illness, because he could be VERY convincing! Not to brag, but my son is very cute- and batting eyelashes at a teacher bowled her over every time!
he doesn't do it anymore- thank god it was a phase, but I also didn't play in to it.
Stepbaby isn't like that- but I could tell she was working this injury lol
I just don't want my kids growing up to be hypochondriacs-

2 comments:

Petula said...

:-) I'm glad she is okay... she may be trying to milk it. Most kids I've encountered do. My two middle ones - even though they're young - already try to do that.

Make some extra conversation or a special dessert will do the trick in fulfilling the extra attention she's looking for (well, if she is looking for that! *SIGH* You know what I mean. LOL)

suchsimplepleasures said...

i think all kids are natural born complainers! mine take an injury and make it into a monumental catastrophe!


My Kids on Halloween

Swimming !

My son and his cousins trying to be good for the camera- it took about 6 takes!

My husband the Lizard Man- yes, we are reptile fanatics!

Got to love Frank! Chinese Theater Hollywood

Me and my boy in Venice CA

google ad

google ad

link share

LinkShare  Referral  Prg

add me

traffic swarm

web hit counter